The potential health benefits of cannabidiol, or CBD, have been known for a while. It has become a popular topic since it doesn’t produce the high associated with cannabis use, but relief for various health conditions makes it a good treatment option. However, there are still concerns about its side effects and safety.
The Safety of CBD
In general, CBD is safe. The World Health Organization found that it’s well-tolerated and has a good safety profile. There’s a comprehensive review of CBD, stating that there’s no evidence of any public health-related problems after CBD use.
But it’s worth noting that the quality and purity of CBD products can vary widely. Low-quality CBD products may contain pesticides, residual solvents, and other contaminants. That’s why it’s important to order CBD products or thc for sleep from reputable brands that use third-party lab testing to make sure that there are no contaminants.
Potential Risks of CBD
However, it’s important to note that CBD can cause side effects, and there are potential risks. They include:
- Interaction with Other Medications: Certain medications like blood thinners, antidepressants, and antipsychotics can interact with CBD in a negative way. That’s why it’s highly important to consult with a healthcare professional before turning to CBD.
- Liver Damage: Some studies suggest that CBD has a negative effect on the liver, especially in high doses. But it’s necessary to mention that these studies were conducted on animals, and there’s no evidence that CBD can cause liver damage in humans.
- Decreased Fertility: According to some studies, males taking CBD can struggle with sperm count reduction and motility, decreasing their fertility. But just like with liver damage, it’s not proven on humans, only on animals, so more research is needed.
- Drowsiness: Some people experience drowsiness after taking CBD, especially at high doses. That’s why it’s necessary to avoid activities that require attention and focus, like driving or operating heavy machinery, after taking CBD.
Side Effects of CBD
As it was already mentioned, CBD is well-tolerated, but some people note side effects. They include:
- Dry Mouth: Many people struggle with dehydration and dry mouth, but it can easily be relieved by drinking water or other beverages.
- Nausea: Nausea is also one of the side effects that people experience after taking CBD products, especially in high doses.
- Changes in Appetite: After using CBD, some people can experience an increase or a decrease in appetite.
- Fatigue: Tiredness and fatigue can also be experienced by some CBD users.
- Irritability: Some people can become grumpy and irritable after CBD consumption.
CBD is a safe substance, as long as it’s purchased from a reliable supplier. Also, it’s important to make sure you don’t have any underlying health conditions and don’t take any medications that can interact with CBD products. Don’t forget about potential risks and side effects, and start with a low dose to avoid them.
In order to get the best experience from taking CBD products, keep in mind that it’s worth talking to a healthcare specialist to determine whether it’s safe for you or not. It can help you figure everything out and improve your life with this substance.